The IWFS Order Cycle
1. At retailer’s website,customers select the items they want, providing basic customer and billing information.
2. The website forwards the information on the order to the IWFS – IODINE order management module.
3. IODINE determines the best store to fulfill the order based upon distance from client, order load and inventory then transmits the order to the STARFIRE Module in-store.
4. In-store employees pick the order using the pick/ship document produced by STARFIRE, then simply scan the order barcode to confirm completion. The client is automatically notified by email, and in the case of a ship order, the carrier is electronically notified of a pickup request.
5. The order is shipped to the client via carrier, or the order is held for pick-up at the store to be retrieved by the client at their convenience.